This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Daily Poll: Horses & Winter?
12-07-2012, 07:52 AM

1.) Do you ride at all in the Winter (when it's more chilly out)? Yes, I ride normally but give her breaks and let her cool down.

2.) Do you have a feeding and riding schedule for your horse(s)? If so, explain when you feed and ride your horses and dodging it all with school/work/etc. Feeding (I work at a barn that I only feed if I get their early enough or i'm barn sitting) They get grain and hay in the morning, hay for lunch, then grain and hay for dinner. I homeschool so school isn't really too much of a problem for me.

3.) What type of feed do you feed your horse? How much do you feed him/her? Is he/she at the right weight, a little chubby or needs to put some weight on? Most of the horses there need to have weight put on, most are rescues but the horse I ride is at the right weight. I can't think of what the grain is called at the moment.

4.) How much do you work your horse in the Winter? Do you ride indoors and/outdoors? Either or, how long do you ride for and what do you do with him/her? I ride for an hour- hour and a half in an indoor arena.

5.) When turning your horse out and/or stabling him/her, do you blanket him/her just yet? If so, what type of blanket do you use (brand, thickness, etc). If you do not, why don't you just yet or even at all? She get's blanketed just because she gets clipped (Her real owner shows her a lot) and I don't remember the brand of the blanket, Sorry :/ and yes she already gets blanketed because it's pretty cold here.

6.) When hauling your horse (no matter how long the ride is), do you blanket your horse in the trailer? Do you have him/her wear shipping boots? Wear anything else or even nothing at all? I've never seen her be put in a trailer but based on other horses that I've seen her trailer they have blankets on.

7.) What does your horse wear out in the pasture? (Blanket him/her? Fly masks? Boots?) **Even though it's Winter. She's a diva and seems to only be happy in her stall or being ridden -_- so she normally only goes out for a few hours in the summer but to make up for it she gets longed daily.

Thanks for everyone answering my poll! (:You're welcomeeeTongue

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Hunter - 12-07-2012, 07:52 AM
[] - ilove - 12-07-2012, 07:52 AM
[] - Leelee - 12-07-2012, 07:52 AM
[] - Kaitlin - 12-07-2012, 07:52 AM
[] - Smaug the Dragon - 12-07-2012, 07:52 AM
[] - Lazy-assedguide645 - 12-07-2012, 07:52 AM
[] - Oreo Cheesecake - 12-07-2012, 07:52 AM