This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I too innocent and boring?
01-23-2013, 04:00 PM

You are not innocent [in a bad way] nor are you boring; you are perfect... different individuals have different comfort levels, and it seems like you don't do what the majority of girls "are doing" because of your own personal perspective, and that's perfectly fine.

Showing cleavage and wearing short, tight closing with heavy makeup seems very mainstream these days, and I'm not surprised people around your age have started doing it to feel "sexy". In fact, what makes them think they're sexy may just in reality make them appear as sl**s to others. I know exactly what you mean, because I was this exact same position around your age (guessing you're in 9th grade). I didn't say any profanities back then, covered up all over because I wasn't comfortable being showy (not that I had anything to show in the first place), didn't speak unless asked, and didn't want a boyfriend (not because I didn't want company, but because I wouldn't have known how to handle people -- I guess this trait comes with being introverted, huh? xd). While some of these traits are starting to dissolve slowly, others are still intact. For example, to this day, I am 18 years old and I STILL have never said a profanity in public, and when I type curse words (minimal chance), I block them out (like b****, s***, ****, c***, etc.) simply because blatantly expressing vulgar words make me uncomfortable. Same goes with any type of drug or alcohol, while I'm sure that students around my age underage drink regularly at weekend parties. Lucky, I am not influenced by such people.

You will learn to move at your own pace and see for yourself what you can and want to let yourself do. Just because you "go against the flow" does not mean you are boring. It just means you are able to stand up for yourself and your limits instead of forcing yourself to behave like the modern sl** in your school.

Oh, and being innocent isn't bad; I've been called that tons of times before Wink maybe you're a TAD innocent, but it's not because you're oblivious.. it's because you're uncomfortable with things that girls around your age shouldn't be doing in the first place, and that's perfectly fine. It makes you just, in fact.

[Sorry if that last statement sounded harsh and judgmental; was not supposed to seem like that u.u]

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Am I too innocent and boring? - Macy - 01-23-2013, 03:52 PM
[] - Joanna - 01-23-2013 04:00 PM
[] - Rainbow - 01-23-2013, 04:00 PM
[] - Crazed - 01-23-2013, 04:00 PM
[] - Jason Dudley - 01-23-2013, 04:00 PM