This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do Canadians think about Harper's move to strip First Nations of their Status & land rights?
02-02-2013, 01:00 PM
What do Canadians think about Harper's move to strip First Nations of their Status & land rights?
Let's try this again, since the links were broken the first time I posted.

http://intercontinentalcry.org/harper-la...lonialism/
http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/hundreds-of-f...-1.1073796
http://houseofinfamy.blogspot.ca/2012/12...ephen.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/chelsea-vow...79415.html

Since the IDLE NO MORE campaign has began, I have seen next to no media coverage of it. Tons of coverage about the one day teacher's walk outs here in Ontario....(and well deserved)......tons of coverage of Kate Middleton's pregnancy.......yet not a word about hundreds of thousands of protestors across Canada? Not a word about the military mobilizing to "deal" with Canada's Indian problem once again? Not a word how this will affect not only Aboriginals, but all Canadians, as your protected wetlands, forests and nature reserves are opened up to big businesses?
And of course, not a word on how this will force First Nations to assimilated into Canadian society.

What are other Canadian's thoughts on this?
knh
You are so far off the mark, its ridiculous. Outdated customs? Do tell...which ones? I can tell you that my spirituality and customs are not in any sort of conflict with modern living. Not like Christianity's values...best suited to the Middle East, in the era in which it was conceived. We DO live in the modern world.....but you are forgetting something....we are LEGAL Nations. With sovereign status. When ceding the rest of the lands that you now live on, we treatied to KEEP our Nationhood. And now you want to take it from us? Reserves are NOT ran on government moneys....or tax payer moneys. They are ran on TRUST moneys. Moneys dolled out to us by the AANDC, held in trust, for the ceding of the lands you live on. It is ridiculous that we have to beg for our own money.
Seems like you and the first poster have a lot in common....complete ignorance about the Reserve system, Aboriginal rights and treaties....and how you came to be living the life you enjoy.
Sure, sure.

You know what is tiresome? A lifetime of people telling you that you live off of their tax dollars. A lifetime of people telling you to just "get over" the fact that you can call people up on the phone, right now, who were raped in Residential Schools. A lifetime of people stating incorrect garbage, that they heard from someone else, who heard it from someone else...rather than educating themselves. Would you tell a Jewish person who had relatives in German internment camps, to get over it? Would you ever tell the Amish or Mennonites that it is time to give up their outdated customs, and join the rest of modern society.

You didn't read the links because you are HAPPY with your preconceived notions. You don't want to find out that what you have been led to believe your entire life, was false. If you were interested in being educated, or finding out just how Bill C-45 is going to affect ALL Canadians....and how Harper thinks (and is likely correct) that h
I am quite used to straight up apathy....but your blatant ignorance is astounding. NO...I know we are not the only "race" to have those things happen to us....but we are the ONLY one in Canada, where rape, neglect, medical testing, forced sterilization, religious persecution, uninvestigated crimes, stolen children, and a whole host of other nazi-esque atrocities have been GOVERNMENT SANCTIONED....and obviously enjoyed by Canadians who hold your views.
JD...
The full.breakdown of the moneys spent is available online for you to peruse should you care to do so. 94 millokn went to ALL First Nations.....NOT just Attawapiskat.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What do Canadians think about Harper's move to strip First Nations of their Status & land rights? - Wiininiskwe *Ajidamoon* - 02-02-2013 01:00 PM
[] - Comicbook Reader - 02-02-2013, 01:08 PM
[] - SteveN - 02-02-2013, 01:08 PM
[] - Chris I - 02-02-2013, 01:08 PM
[] - Chix - 02-02-2013, 01:08 PM
[] - knh959 - 02-02-2013, 01:08 PM
[] - -JD- - 02-02-2013, 01:08 PM
[] - Gaby - 02-02-2013, 01:08 PM
[] - Drunkenbedroom275 - 02-02-2013, 01:08 PM
[] - Abused - 02-02-2013, 01:08 PM