This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
- Should I stop playing on the xbox during my GCSE's?
02-15-2013, 11:21 PM
- Should I stop playing on the xbox during my GCSE's?
I am currently in Year 9, and am 14 years old. In my school, we have started our GCSE's early, quite obviously, and I'm currently taking the following courses; Mathematics, English Language, English Literature, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, History, French, ICT, RE and PE. I'm also doing a CIDA (which is another form of an IT qualification). In year 11, two years later, I will be doing two extra courses, one of which is Statistics, and the other hopefully Geography.

I'm not necessarily a bad student, I've been predicted mostly A's and B's yet a teacher recently phoned home regarding my lack of... effort in one of my English lessons. I was quite a bad behaved child in year 7 but I have recently grown out of it.

I, like most teens, enjoy playing xbox, yet my mother feels I play it too much. Granted, I don't do much but homework, talk to friends on social media, watch netflix, and obviously play xbox. She expects me to be this wonder child, who 'studies' for 2 hours a day; no one of my questions is - what am I supposed to study at this point in my school life, with no exams for about a year.

She said that next year, for the whole year, I won't be allowed to play my xbox - at all. She really want's me to succeed in life and I understand why, but don't you think that's a bit too much? What do you think? I mean, maybe only on the weekends would be fine right? And how do I convince her to let me? She is quite stubborn and sometimes I honestly hate her. So to reiterate ;-

What am I supposed to study at this age?
How do I convince my mother to let me play xbox on weekends?
Thank you Bethany May, I will take that into consideration. :')
Jahsus; although I was hoping for serious answers, I found yours surprisingly funny Big Grin
Oh, Bethany; as a GCSE student; how many hours did you study a day?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
- Should I stop playing on the xbox during my GCSE's? - Rez Rez - 02-15-2013 11:21 PM
[] - Photofox - 02-15-2013, 11:29 PM
[] - Bethany May - 02-15-2013, 11:29 PM
[] - Jahsus - 02-15-2013, 11:29 PM