This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you agree with me about why my generation is completely twisted?
02-18-2013, 10:31 PM
Do you agree with me about why my generation is completely twisted?
I hate my generation. I am a freshman in college, and this is the world I see:

1. That terrible, awful music. Today's music is God awful. (The music that is played everywhere, I mean). It gives off two very negative ideas towards teens/young adults; that A) You should always be reliant on a boyfriend or a girlfriend and that B) Booties and hoes, yeah, got dat swagg, boiii. Talentless rappers with lame voices and pathetic rhymes. It PAINS me that people pay money for this garbage.

2. The internet has taken over social standards. I mean people are asking questions like "should I text this back to him?" When they should be asking "what should I tell him at school tomorrow?" That's just one example to name a few.

3. The idea and example of what a person should look and act like is this made-up fairy tell deemed to be real. For example, watching movies or television shows, where every single person happens to be incredibly attractive and flawless in their appearances. This gives the idea that if you don't look like these movie stars, you are not beautiful.

If you disagree with any of the above three, you are wrong. What else do you see wrong with today's generation? I am so sick and tired of today's society.

P.S.: I know I bashed on the internet as a social standard, and by me using Yahoo! Answers, I am not being a hypocrite, because Yahoo! Answers is not a social standard, just a fun website to enjoy.
@ Bobby

I never said texting was an internet tool. But now that I think about it, texting and the internet are greatly connected.

Also, read my P.S. again. Facebook HAS become a social standard. Everybody has one, well, most people have one. Y!A on the other hand, is far less popular. Ask a handful of people if they use Y!A, and I guarantee you that 9/10 are not Y!A users.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Do you agree with me about why my generation is completely twisted? - Branden - 02-18-2013 10:31 PM
[] - Amanda - 02-18-2013, 10:39 PM
[] - Bobby - 02-18-2013, 10:39 PM
[] - Aubrey ☮♡ - 02-18-2013, 10:39 PM
[] - TheRealSlimShady - 02-18-2013, 10:39 PM
[] - MilaChyrie - 02-18-2013, 10:39 PM