This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I fix my laptop?
02-19-2013, 02:27 AM
How do I fix my laptop?
Long story...My computer keeps repeating the same message over and over again everytime I start it up, the message is: For Realtek RTL8100E/8101E Fast Ethernet Network Adapter v1.02 (060510) PXE-E61: Media Test Failed check cable PXE-M0F: Exiting PXEROM Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build 082) Copyright ©1997-2000 Intel Corp. ...I've tried everything. Pressing F2, F12, Holding down "0" & "C", Tapping F8, Putting in a disc that came with the laptop named "Recovery and Applications/Drivers" (which I assume is the recovery disc) and afterwards restoring the computer back to factory settings, Taking out the hard drive and reconnecting in and restarting the computer. EVERYTHING!! I read somewhere that if it's repeating that same message, the hard drive is broken, but I don't understand how it could be fried, broken, etc. when all I have ever used it for was Internet Explorer, never downloaded anything. It all started when my stepdad downloaded an "Anti-virus" thing onto it, it started running extremely slow, and I asked him to look at it, he then turned on the computer hit F2 and clicked something that started with "boot" this was all before I tried all of the options I listed above. I just now tried to put the recovery disc back in and did everything exactly how I did before and it restarted and is now saying "Error loading operating system_". Also, someone told me to press "Ctrl+Alt+Del" and delete something called "System32" I would try this, except, everytime I press "Ctrl+Alt+Del" my computer just turns off and turns back on quickly. I'm sorry I have so many questions but I NEEED my laptop in order to do work, school, and social networking, please, please, please if someone can answer me ASAP I would be forever grateful!
Re: Sors' Answer, Under the "Boot" Menu, listed (in order from top to bottom" : Built-in HDD1 Hitachi HTS545050B9A300-(S1), CD/DVD HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N-(PM), FDD, LAN

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How do I fix my laptop? - Sadira - 02-19-2013 02:27 AM
[] - Graham - 02-19-2013, 02:35 AM
[] - Sors - 02-19-2013, 02:35 AM