This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
(Centrelink/Newstart) Going overseas, have to go to a Centrelink office?
02-21-2013, 06:23 PM
(Centrelink/Newstart) Going overseas, have to go to a Centrelink office?
I'm currently receiving Newstart allowance and will be traveling overseas for a 3-week period. I informed Centrelink over the phone that I was going, knowing that I would have my payments suspended until I would return. The woman said something about having to go over to a Centrelink office the day before I go to inform them that I've told the call-centre that I'm going the very next day. When I asked why, she said something about reporting periods and receiving payments.

Perhaps someone in the know could tell me what this is about? I am completely aware that I am not receiving payments while I'm over there as I'm traveling for personal purposes... Do I still have to go to the Centrelink office? Why would I have to go (I originally thought it was just a call I had to make)?

Thank you so much!

-Sam.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
(Centrelink/Newstart) Going overseas, have to go to a Centrelink office? - Little pot of crazy - 02-21-2013 06:23 PM
[] - Scott - 02-21-2013, 06:31 PM