This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Twitter followers: quality versus quantity?
09-30-2012, 12:36 PM
Twitter followers: quality versus quantity?
Just wondering if other Twitter users feel like I do about automatic following.

Specifically, as soon as you enter a keyword you get one or more instant followers. Yet the context of that keyword is often very different to their interest.

Worse still being, especially when I was new to Twitter, but still now, is this. Out of courtesy (and I suppose flattery!) you thank them for following, probably retweet, or introduce yourself, even do a free ad for them. Yet they virtually never reply!

At first I took this personally and was annoyed, but have since realised they are following thousands and just don't see your message. Even if you direct message them.

Which begs the question, why do they bother following everybody? Of course most of them do it in the hope of getting some more business. Like a scatter gun approach. However, I just think of them as idiots and think they would be far better following a select few. People they could interact with and build proper business or personal relationships with.

Am I wrong? Or do you think the same as me?

Many thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Twitter followers: quality versus quantity? - Pr - 09-30-2012 12:36 PM
[] - Jeff - 09-30-2012, 12:44 PM
[] - sajan - 09-30-2012, 12:44 PM
[] - indigo - 09-30-2012, 12:44 PM