This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what should i do? ten points?
02-28-2013, 11:37 AM

High school is a nasty place filled with some nasty people. Throughout year 9 to year 11 (13-16), I suffered badly because of social anxiety. People used to make fun of me constantly that, like you, I felt there was no escape. Even my 'friends' I had during the time were talking behind me and spreading unnecessary rubbish.
I was fed up with the people around me, so decided I would sit by myself in the library with my music - study and block out the world. You're a smart person capable of As and shouldn't let people stop you from achieving.
Like your school, my counsellor wasn't sympathetic at all. You should definitely tell your dad and don't be scared to! It's important that you have a pillar of support that you can talk to. Sit down with him and express your feelings and explain that you would like therapy. Don't keep things bottled up.
This is what I did with my mum - she took me to a professional psychologist that genuinely wanted to help me. I'm taking fluoxetine and although didn't feel great to start with, I'm feeling much happier with life now. Now, aged 17 and a sixth former, I've fleshed out my real friends and back on track with my studies.

The important thing to remember is that high school is temporary and is notoriously a low point in life for many people. Those people who bully you, you probably won't know in years to come, so don't let them bother you and stop you from getting high grades. I don't think you should be home schooled. School prepares you for the different people you encounter in life that home schooling may not. Face your problems, don't hide from them. Smile
Best of luck.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
what should i do? ten points? - Katie - 02-28-2013, 11:21 AM
[] - All Aces - 02-28-2013, 11:27 AM
[] - UniqueGirl - 02-28-2013, 11:28 AM
[] - Earth - 02-28-2013, 11:32 AM
[] - Tiff - 02-28-2013 11:37 AM