This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I get off of Social Security Disability?
02-28-2013, 11:53 AM
How can I get off of Social Security Disability?
I am in my mid 30's. I've been on disability for 10 years. I am soooooooo bored. I have lost off the social oportunities and mental stimulation that you receive from working. Working is healthy. I have big problems with a mental disability though. I don't even know if my Dr. would advise I even try to work. I feel angry.

I have a 4 year college education in Business Management with a focus on Telecommunication (networks). I graduated 14 years ago. A kid out of highschool today is more qualified to get a job than I am!

I need some ideas on what I can do to make enough money. Right now I make $12/hr 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year...doing nothing. I need a job that can be flexible with hours and can pay me more than I make now. I'm barely surviving as it is.

I'm hoping that I can get a job, make friends, earn enough money, get off social secuirty, and pay taxes.

Where is a guy with an old degree and a 10 year gap in employment who can only work part time going to be able to do this?
Yes, that is for SSDI. After college I was on a fast track. The first year I earned $35,000/yr but eventually I was making $80,000. Not as many people are as fortunate as me to have a good run to pull from when you get disabled.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How can I get off of Social Security Disability? - MthrNatures_Son - 02-28-2013 11:53 AM
[] - JMITW - 02-28-2013, 11:55 AM
[] - wittyshape678 - 02-28-2013, 11:58 AM
[] - Lynn - 02-28-2013, 12:08 PM