This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you take the advice of what social media promotes?
10-12-2012, 08:15 AM

Oh, this is so tricky. Yes, you need to have a mind of your own, but still you need the balance of friends and family to also give you advice. Advice is different from controllling you and running your life. If a person, any person, is in "love" they often overlook the red flag warnings that give them the clue they are actually dating an abuser. In a situation like that.....friends and family might have to rescue you from someone who would harm you. You are right though about manipulation and some people consume themselves with other people's lives and they should just worry about running their own life. (That part is about some in laws I had) I have that same problem. People take advantage of my friendship, not just with money, but sometimes it seems my only value is what I can do for a "friend" and my needs are never considered. It is a tricky balance between being a friend and being a doormat. I can't stand two faced people either. It is sad how many people like that belong to churches. I am that way too. I will trust a person until they give me a reason not to. That doesn't mean I won't stay their friend, or love them, I just simply don't trust them and I keep a distance with them. Sometimes there is value in keeping your enemies close to you, you can know what they are up too. I don't know if I sent you this poem before, but your post made me think of it.

There comes a point in your life
when you realize:
Who matters,
Who never did,
Who won't anymore...
And who always will.
So, don't worry about people from your past,
There's a reason why they didn't make it to your future. Author Unknown
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Mike - 10-12-2012, 08:15 AM