This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What should I major/minor in for the following career?
10-12-2012, 08:20 AM

My school actually combined Business with other concentrations like Marketing. I think you should major in Marketing and minor in Sociology. The Marketing major will prepare you for the business end of how to come up with concepts and ideas. The study of Sociology as a minor will give you an opportunity to learn about statistics and demographic studies. You learn about the study of groups which will help you work in diverse environment and understand various cultural groups which is key to marketing. You will need to understand your targeted audience. Sociology also prepares you for the research aspect in more detail, it will help you be more well-rounded in understanding diverse groups and how to intepret statistical data. Marketing will be a great major and Marketing majors generally earn decent salaries straight out of college because there are great opportunities at the entry-level position. You can become a Research Analyst for a marketing company as well with studying those subjects. Hope this has helped.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Alli - 10-12-2012, 08:20 AM
[] - Pat - 10-12-2012, 08:20 AM
[] - ♥CJ♥ - 10-12-2012 08:20 AM