This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want to work and live in Australia?
10-12-2012, 08:14 AM
I want to work and live in Australia?
I am a foreigner planning to find work and live in Australia. The cities I'm particularly interested in living in either Perth, Melbourne, or Brisbane, maybe Adelaide.

In addition I have previous, and recent sales and marketing work experience both in U.S. and briefly in China. I can speak more than one language, and have many uniques skills on my resume.
I sent out several CV/resumes to some companies in the above mentioned cities.

But when applying on some job hunting websites, I can only apply if I have a residence permit or visa (understandable). But here is my next question, besides calling and following up on those companies, what do I have to do to really get the company's attention and interest (at least for an interview) ?

If I have to travel there, how long would you recommend me to stay in the city. How much money (AU dollars) on average should I bring with me to live in that city, while prospecting jobs there by foot? (I plan to live on a "local" budget) And where is a safe, affordable district to live in while job searching?

Again, I would be grateful for your advise and suggestions. Thank you.

P.S. Are there any networking or social group website I can chat with people or expats/locals there (in Perth, Melbourne, Brisbane) that may be helpful?
ADDITION TO QUESTION:

Sorry for the late update as some have mentioned about certifications: I have graduated from a University within the U.S. with Bachelors of Business Administration (if that even helps count towards the list of qualifications for immigration), and yes I would be willing to do an immigratoin evaluation for further assessment.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I want to work and live in Australia? - Chris - 10-12-2012 08:14 AM
[] - tuppenybitz - 10-12-2012, 08:23 AM
[] - Ozmaniac - 10-12-2012, 08:23 AM
[] - Aussie - 10-12-2012, 08:23 AM