This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WHAT SHOULD I WANT IN A CONTRACT WITH A WEB DESIGNER?
03-26-2013, 08:18 PM

$2,400 seems very reasonable considering everything included in that startup package. I wonder how much SEO is included in that.

To prevent yourself from being ripped off is to be as informative as you can with what you want. If you hired a professional service they should know the right questions to ask you. Though, if you suddenly change your mind about something the designer will probably add an additional charge. This is not ripping you off but simply being compensated for a service that wasn't included in the original quote. I would insist on a contract. This protects both you and the designer. My clients like to make partial payments as the work progresses. I'm okay with that and maybe your designer will be too.

On a side note, if someone offers to build you a logo for $100, you will most likely get something unoriginal or a direct ripoff of another funeral home logo. A typical designer's fee could be $50/hour. 2 Hours of work is not nearly enough to research what your competitors already have and take considerable time to create something that meets your needs. Think about it.

Best of luck with your business.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Chris - 03-26-2013, 08:18 PM
[] - Sam - 03-26-2013, 08:18 PM
[] - Erik - 03-26-2013, 08:18 PM
[] - joyce - 03-26-2013 08:18 PM