This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
do those facebook popups cartoon yourself cause a virus on your computer?
05-02-2013, 05:23 AM

welllll i was stupid and tried it quite a while ago.. i did not get any viruses (though that could be because of my awesome norton anti-virus program)
It will show you tons of ads and other programs, partnerships, (like zwinky, smiley central)
just don't click on them,
uncheck any extra stuff when downloading
I somehow ended up downloading a toolbar, that has those partnerships on it, as well as a direct link to mywebface, where you customize a cartoon to make it look like you

NOTE = you will not be able to make your cartoon look as close to your real self as they did in those ads. I was actuallly very disappointed in the program in the beginning, but my pic did come out pretty decent

i never had any problems installing
but thats probably because:
a) norton anti-virus
b) fast computer with loads of memory
c) i use google chrome as a web browser [instead of mozilla foxfire and internet explorer (though i still have those, just don't use them)], and it doesnt have any toolbars or anything that slows it down.. its super fast. totally recommend downloading it

google chrome as web browser =]
go google it

as a final word of advice, don't download it unless you have space on your computer and an anti-virus protection program already installed
be careful what you click!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Brandon - 05-02-2013, 04:50 AM
[] - deepcable065 - 05-02-2013, 05:01 AM
[] - Don M - 05-02-2013, 05:15 AM
[] - Seesaw - 05-02-2013 05:23 AM