This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How has the emergence of social media changed the dynamic of relationships?
10-12-2012, 09:34 PM

people bump into you on the street or talk irritatingly loudly on their I -phones they are so connected elsewhere they cause accidents here and now . Friendships are light and fluffy and meaningless which we could suspect would be the case as postmodernism bites into structures and leaves tehm in pieces .
People are caring about someoen the other side of the planet more than someone starving under their nose - Do an observational study -
In TA theory we need a certain amount of strokes (units of recognition ) to stay psychologically healthy and connected to the whole - The digital way means that anybody who opts out is not getting their daily dose of messages that they are ok and are necessary to the whole.
I havent a mobile phone and I am asked constantly in shops if I want a top up - It is as if you are a social leper if you dont want to use the technology and the notion is that everyone does.
So in my mind it is an epidemic of being elsewhere - I have been talking ot someone in the flesh adn tehn they answer ther mobile - If that were another person standing by me it would be rude.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - jac the hat - 10-12-2012 09:34 PM
[] - Mir - 10-12-2012, 09:34 PM