This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scam emails sent from my act on 25 Jan. I then changed password. But now I can't get email?
11-07-2013, 08:02 AM

You need to go to the settings and under Mail Option check POP &Forwarding to see if your mails are being forwarded to someone else's address. Also make sure the alternate email address is still yours and you have a security Q&A
If you used the same email addresss and password for any other websites (i.e. Facebook, Linkedin, Ebay, Paypal, Amazon, online banking, Twitter, etc) you need to immediately change all of those passwords. Unfortunately 80% of people use the same username and password for everything and hackers know this, so they will try to access any other site they can find with your login details
If your Inbox or folders contained ANY financial information (bank statements, credit card receipts, Paypal statements, etc) you need to contact those institutions immediately to check for any unauthorised transactions and change your account name/number as the hackers will go through every file looking for ways to steal your money

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Kittysue - 11-07-2013 08:02 AM