This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would you believe WWE has been looking to work with The Muppets for a long time?
10-13-2012, 12:29 PM

I've known the WWE wants to penetrate into demographics it normally doesn't reach, for a long time. It should be pretty obvious to everybody by the way it advertises and markets itself. That they've wanted to cross-promote with The Muppets should be no surprise to any WWE fan; The Muppets have been a popular form of family (not just children) entertainment for decades. What I DIDN'T know was The Muppets' producers (and producers of other entertainment) initiate a lot of these proceedings. I've always thought it was Vince nagging and nagging them until they give in. Hm, live and learn.

Anyway, it's smart business (on both sides) cross-promoting with other forms of entertainment to reach audiences they don't normally reach. Those who don't care for The Muppets can complain if they want (and they will) but they will be in the minority; most fans will get a kick out of the "culture shock" of seeing The Muppets interacting with Cena, Alberto, Sheamus, etc. and some of them will go see the movie because of it. Muppets fans will tune in to RAW to see The Muppets and some might even stick around and become WWE fans afterward. Both sides should pick up a few new fans from this.

I wonder if the "human Muppet" Mick Foley will show up on RAW tonight? Kermit and Miss Piggy are pop culture icons. It would be awesome to see them interact with the "hardcore" icon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - The 90s Sucked - 10-13-2012, 12:29 PM
[] - The Dragon - 10-13-2012 12:29 PM
[] - Mr. Perfect - 10-13-2012, 12:29 PM
[] - Blaster - 10-13-2012, 12:29 PM
[] - thankfulhill920 - 10-13-2012, 12:29 PM