This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your reaction to John Cena's Tweet about a WWE Drug Test he just took?
03-26-2014, 05:52 AM

Honestly, I'm a little surprised. I think tweets like this furthers the perception that the twitter accounts of most WWE Superstars, and obviously Cena, really are what they're intended to be: theirs, and not controlled by WWE "writers".

The WWE hasn't, to my knowledge anyways, ever mentioned performance enhancing drugs on any of their programming. They don't even bring it up, which, considering some of the cataclysmic public-relations nightmares they've endured which have been, fair or not, linked back to steroids and other drugs, isn't shocking. What IS shocking is that Cena, the WWE's flag-bearer and de facto Captain America who stands for doing things the right way, would even talk about it at all. Obviously, he's proud of the stance the WWE has taken on drugs and he wants to flaunt that they're unafraid of testing their biggest star (him) just days before their most heavily hyped show of all time, but still, it was surprising.

On the whole though, I think it's a good thing. Sure, one tweet about things isn't going to change the world or anything like that, but if those who follow Cena on twitter, particularly sports reporters, see something like that, maybe it goes even a little ways in helping to alter the mainstream public perception of the stereotypical thug wrestler juiced up to his eyeballs which is still so prevalent. I hope it does.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Nicholas - 03-26-2014, 05:27 AM
[] - 617 - 03-26-2014, 05:44 AM
[] - 775 - 03-26-2014 05:52 AM
[] - Anime - 03-26-2014, 06:08 AM
[] - Mark - 03-26-2014, 06:23 AM
[] - 392 - 03-26-2014, 06:31 AM
[] - TheBooth - 03-26-2014, 06:42 AM