This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Purpose of twitter and how it helps me?
04-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Purpose of twitter and how it helps me?
I already belong to Facebook and LinkedIn. I am using LinkedIn as an acting networking tool. I use Facebook also as an acting networking tool and to keep in touch with contacts, since no one knows how to use a phone or hang out anymore. It really frustrates me when I call someone, but they text back. Or when I'm hanging out with someone and they're glued to their smartphones, texting away. They can't even watch a movie without missing at least half of it staring at their phones. I would love to block all texting and delete Facebook and LinkedIn and insist on being a snail-mail, talk on the phone individual, but I'd probably lose all contact. Anyway, I'm trying to make la/NYC contacts on the other two, so, what purpose does twitter have? If I follow say, actors and casting directors are we going to be contacts? Will they know who I am? Will they answer me if I say something? Or is it just a "hey this is what I'm doing right now, which is none of your business" kind of Internet program? And will this be it guaranteeing that a "new twitter" dosen't get invented and everyone moves to that? As you can tell I'm a frustrated 35 year old who can't stand today's worldly ways. But it seems like the main way anyone knows how to communicate. No offense to anyone personally, I do like these programs and think they're kinda cool, but I want to do things that aren't related to this stuff all the time. I'm very old generation even though I didn't live in those days for the most part. So how can it help me?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Purpose of twitter and how it helps me? - D - 04-03-2014 11:39 AM
[] - Andy Garcia - 04-03-2014, 11:44 AM