This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What can I do about a flea market buying my stolen property?
04-07-2014, 05:33 PM

You're kind of SOL on this one.

(1) Did you report the theft when it happened? If not, someone could argue that you gave the property to your friend and you have no proof they took without your consent which means they have the right to sell the items.

(2) Can you prove the items at the flea market belong to you? You already said that the guy removed your name from the items so it will be difficult to convince authorities they are yours.

(3) Can you get your friend to admit to police they sold items that did not belong to them? Really it is the only way the police can try to get back your stuff from the flea market vendor.

(4) Look into suing your friend in small claims court. Around me, it is a $10 filing fee for court costs. If you can't get your stuff back then you can file the items and their current value with the court. Your friend will have to appear before a judge and either argue that the items belong to them or make arrangements to pay you the money. This is a civil suit and they may or may not have an issue for the criminal part of it depending on the judge.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - D - 04-07-2014, 04:53 PM
[] - Allan - 04-07-2014, 05:07 PM
[] - Steven m Johnson - 04-07-2014, 05:20 PM
[] - Oldlady - 04-07-2014, 05:32 PM
[] - Rotten1PA! - 04-07-2014 05:33 PM
[] - Julie B - 04-07-2014, 05:48 PM