This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
need a story idea? please help?
04-08-2014, 06:42 PM

How about writing a horror holiday story. Look up the Krampus and seriously consider this. The Krampus is a Pagan tale; a monster that kidnaps naughty children on Christmas, while children receive their gifts from Santa. (That is worse than coal. Huh?)

Read about golems. I haven't heard of many stories about golems. If you didn't know, a golem is a mythological creature that is generally formed from an inanimate object. They are shaped like men, but they do not have the facial features of men. (Example: An iron golem would simply look like a man made of iron)

You can write about Grýla or something similar. She is an Icelandic mythological creature that eats children that do not fall asleep on time. She looks like an old lady, but she's clearly a terrifying monster.

Do research on the roc bird; they are legendary birds of prey. They can carry an elephant. This derived from the Persians I believe.

You could even make up your own Mythological creature. J. R. R. Tolkien did this successfully by creating a humanoid race known as "The Hobbits".

I'm just tossing ideas of some entities that are found in mythology. Use one creatively, or perhaps even do research on mythology from a not-so mainstream culture. Honestly, werewolves, vampires, fairies, and other mainstream fictitious creatures are cliché.

If it's suitable for 8 year olds and older, perhaps eating children isn't a good idea. You could write about the legendary roc bird. One of them befriends with a boy. The boy discovered that there are more birds like his, however, some may not be so friendly. His roc bird or even the boy can die of some eventful death or some upsetting scene.

Contact me via email: umpenhourdesigns@ymail.com

Or this Facebook page: http://facebook.com/frailminds

Visit my website: http://frailminds.co.nr

Don't be afraid to message me. Good luck.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Jeffrey - 04-08-2014 06:42 PM
[] - Kiron Kang - 04-08-2014, 06:46 PM