This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get a record deal??
06-17-2014, 07:53 PM

Hey man,

This is a really tough road mostly because there are so many others out there who feel the same. Now I'm sure you're great at your craft but there will always be many others who are much better than you, that's how you have to think about it if you really want to take it to the next level. I play in a band and i'm where you are. You definitely need to get on a part time job or else this will be impossible, trust me it helps. In terms of getting label attention, you have to get clear and good quality songs (again, a little money might be required here) and mostly just putting yourself out there. Upload your recordings to youtube, bandcamp, reverb nation, anything! Promote it on twitter, facebook, any form of social media. Play shows! this is where label A&R's pick up talent, so playing lots of gigs anywhere you can get them could significantly increase attention. As for the labels you mentioned, those are for the most part major labels. Usually a label will receive music from an artist and decide whether they are worth signing and working with. The one's you listed will not accept unsolicited demos from you, which basically means you have to know someone on the inside who will vouch for you and give your music to the executives. This will be a problem for you now because you probably don't know anyone on the inside of those labels. Start with local indie labels who can push your music to the bigger ones.

We all have passions but you gotta be prepared to work to make them what you want them to be. Start working somewhere for a little money then branch off from there. You're no good to yourself or anyone if you can't get off the ground with this.

Good luck, my best wishes to you and your future career.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to get a record deal?? - Tupac - 06-17-2014, 07:37 PM
[] - jonny - 06-17-2014 07:53 PM
[] - McLovin - 06-17-2014, 08:06 PM
[] - asdlkghasdgh - 06-17-2014, 08:07 PM
[] - sammy - 06-17-2014, 08:13 PM