This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you feel about African Americans? Why do they play the race card more than any other race?
06-21-2014, 06:48 AM

First off, there's no such a thing as an "African American." One is either African or American, not both. If blacks are Africans, then why are they here?

That said, today's blacks have become lamentably vitriolic toward whites, and thanks to the race hucksters (e.g., Al Sharpton), think that whites are responsible for all the woes that blacks encounter. Stereotypes go both ways, however, and one can certainly find plenty about blacks to criticize. That's exactly what I am about to do.

The USA, as a matter of public policy, has bent over backwards in the last 50 years to try to right all the wrongs against blacks that occurred in the past. We've poured literally over a trillion dollars into various government programs to try to assist blacks in achieving parity with the rest of the nation. We've tilted the playing field to make it easier for blacks, especially black women, to get ahead—consider the effects of "affirmative action" on college enrollments. We've passed umpteen laws banning virtually every possible form of discrimination, almost to the point of violating the constitutionally protected right of freedom of expression. We've created holidays honoring blacks and their accomplishments (with which I don't have a beef).

It hasn't worked! Blacks continue to be the most represented group at the bottom of the economic ladder. Blacks continue to have the most children out of wedlock. Blacks continue to commit a disproportionate amount of crime. Blacks continue to do more poorly in school than other races. Blacks continue to be the least employable because they lack acceptable job skills.

The answer to why this is so is quite simple. We have created a welfare class who believes that they are entitled to a free ride because their ancestors were enslaved 160-odd years ago (a dirty little secret is that man of the people who captured and sold African blacks into slavery were themselves African blacks). This welfare class has proliferated in the last five years and has become a significant burden on those of us who work and pay taxes.

So yes, there's a problem here when the "race card" is pulled. It is irrefutable that "your ancestors treated their ancestors like second hand citizens," as another said (not in my case, though—my ancestors didn't arrive in the USA until the late 1930s). However, that does not give today's blacks the right to use their race and past history to excuse irresponsibility and bad behavior.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Under Siege - 06-21-2014, 06:21 AM
[] - Stop Using My Name - 06-21-2014, 06:30 AM
[] - Big K - 06-21-2014, 06:35 AM
[] - BeyondBaffled - 06-21-2014, 06:46 AM
[] - BigDumbDinosaur - 06-21-2014 06:48 AM
[] - Anya Vincent - 06-21-2014, 06:54 AM