This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do the popular people who peak in high school fail in life? Any stories?
01-18-2013, 04:32 PM

Silent L.-I get where you are coming from. I've been out of high school for many years now. Let's just say I went to high school when Michael Jackson was singing "Billie Jean". At any rate, I've seen alot of things happen to people...some good, some bad, some radical and some sad. I've seen some popular kids from back in the day ...fall from grace. Some passed away from drinking. Some died from natural causes. And on the other hand, some of those very same kids did really well...they developed successful careers. And then there were the "late bloomers"...there were those kids like my sister who were sweet, nice had a few friends here and there continue to be sweet, nice, bloom into good looks but remain the same nice person. I've watch some of my "geek" friends...continue to bloom...there is no denying that all of this technology we have today is all because of them...not necessarily the popular "kids". Truly, in the end all that I think that matters in life...is what YOU do in life...not what someone else does. IF you start living your life under the guise of "awaiting other people's fall from grace"...you will have missed the point of life and living all together. If you wait in the shadows for other people to make asses of themselves, you will have wasted alot of time when you could've been out in the sun and fresh air. All I can say is this...the people that you are wasting your time on...don't wake up every morning thinking about you and your opinion...so, why should you expend anymore of your precious time & energy worrying and wondering about them and their lives...and how they chose to be with other people...kind or unkind.
My simple advice...try to do your best to start with a clean slate...yes, there probably is some residual pain of how people treat/treated you in the past. This is the time to do what you can to harness that pain and use it constructively. You love to play piano, write songs/stories & poetry. Well, if that isn't some of the best therapy right there. I'm a singer/songwriter...and pain has been a calalyst of my writing on many of my songs...but also there has been joy or many other emotions that came into play. One thing about high school...it is over when it's over...if YOU choose to "toil" in that environment that proved to be very toxic at times...then that continuance is on YOU. After high school, I pretty much went on my own...sure I still keep in touch with a few friends...but very few. And this comes from someone who was once considered "popular". I was like the Ferris Bueller kid who could make friends with just about any group. But, I just wanted a new life...free of expectation...b.s....a place where I could just be me...and that place I found was called, "My life".
Good luck to you. You will find your place too. Trust me...I know this to be true.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - john - 01-18-2013, 04:32 PM
[] - Kristen - 01-18-2013, 04:32 PM
[] - Rod Kimble_09 - 01-18-2013, 04:32 PM
[] - Amateuridea786 - 01-18-2013, 04:32 PM
[] - Ticklish - 01-18-2013, 04:32 PM
[] - Jollyacoustics549 - 01-18-2013, 04:32 PM
[] - punchie - 01-18-2013 04:32 PM