This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are your reasons why WWE needs to go back to TV-14 again?
10-12-2012, 08:04 AM

Firsty, I'll admit WWE is going downhill right now, but there are a lot of other factors that go into that, like Linda's senate campaign, or WWE's partnership with Mattel. Now, wrestling doesn't have to be TV-14 to be good. WWE is a WRESTLING company, not a "Show boobs all the time, use 'bad' language, and have edgy storylines" company. Good wrestling is not bra and panties matches, they are just eye candy, and very few people complain about them. Just pick up a Playboy and be happy. "Bad" language isn't needed to produce a good WRESTLING show. Also, the storylines don't have to be all sexed up, there have been lots of good storylines in the PG era. The point is, there are lots of other factors that go into WWE being bad right now. WWE is a WRESTLING company, and in the end, all that matters is that they have good wrestling matches.

Well now to answer,why it WOULD benefit WWE, I think you stated most of the points yourself. I couldn't have explained better, but maybe expanded on it. I guess the MOST beneficial thing would be the fact that more fans will get into the business. I mean nowadays people think UFC is the only "manned up" fighting sport. If you look at the fanbase of WWE before and after TV-PG, you'll see tremendous difference. I think that would be a major upgrade to the product. I think that would be a good thing, aside from that I think the current fans will get some "spice" into the usual storylines, I mean many DO want those swear words, blood and sexual references and themes back. So I guess it will gain more fans in the business. Aside from that you pretty much nailed the rest of them yourself.

Bottom line, right now, WWE needs to go TV-14, for the sake of their fans, not "business". Because if they don't I see WWE failing already in the future wrestling industry. WWE bashes TNA, yet they cannot upscale themselves to TV-14 like TNA, shame.

EDIT, BQ: I wasn't a fan of pro wrestling at the moment, but I can imagine the blood, gore, sexual themes and more "adult" setting was the main attraction of TV-14.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Down And Out - 10-12-2012, 08:04 AM
[] - Dolph Ziggler - 10-12-2012, 08:04 AM
[] - hugespy067 - 10-12-2012, 08:04 AM
[] - FROSTYâ„¢ - 10-12-2012 08:04 AM
[] - xatungova - 10-12-2012, 08:04 AM
[] - Expertmorning861 - 10-12-2012, 08:04 AM
[] - Anthony M - 10-12-2012, 08:04 AM