This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can facebook profile be searched?
02-19-2014, 12:44 PM
Can facebook profile be searched?
I want to create a facebook account. But my concern is can my profile be searched and displayed using a search engines such as google or yahoo.

If you have facebook account, can you search the directory using the name to display my profiel.

In another word, I want to be able completely hide my profile from anyone but the people that I have added as my friends.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:44 PM

You can't hide it. Facebook would be charged 5$ per page that is hided from search engines. You don't even pay them 1$.. so no. Google will always have you in their search engine. BUT, you could change your Profile name if you are trying to prevent somebody from finding you. Facebook doesn't COMPLETELY care what your name is. Unless it is inappropriate you can change it to anything.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:49 PM

Facebook privacy allows you to choose who can view or access your profile. You can block it from the directory. Here's the steps: Facebook<Account<Privacy Settings<Basic Directory Information. From there you can choose who can search for you and who can add you as a friend. You can also choose things from your profile to block and even block individual people.
02-19-2014, 12:55 PM

You can change your privacy settings by clicking on the options ACCOUNT.you can hide your profile from everyone but the people in your list.
02-19-2014, 01:03 PM

As far as I know you can go to your Account Settings and them Privacy and set your account to private and for your friends view only as well. Check it out.
02-19-2014, 01:11 PM

no they cant be searched by serach engines but if you sign up for games or those stupid apps then they can get your info just dont put anything importand down like your address and tele number if your frainds want it they can ask
02-19-2014, 01:18 PM

Your profile is indexed by search engines for sure. Google web bots scan your name and other information. You can check what is searchable about you on Facebook using Facebook Search service listed below. It doesn't require logging in and combines search results of Google search and messages updates on the walls.