This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Apple apps use lots of data?
02-19-2014, 12:44 PM
What Apple apps use lots of data?
My phone bill has recently been really high. I haven't been iMessaging that much but I am using my social network apps a lot more. Can someone tell me what apps use the most data. The main apps I use are kik, facebook, snapchat, instagram, google, 8tracks, vine, the hunt, tumblr, and pinterest. I know these all probably use a lot of data but I need to know the ones that use the MOST.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:47 PM

Really depends on the app, and if it has data connections that work in the background or not. Any apps that include ads that update in the background will use more data than apps that do not have ads updating in the background.

Same for games and music that are phone based, vs streaming music and games you are playing over the internet.

Personally if you have a limited data plan you should be using social media things like Facebook when you are on WiFi or your computer.

There should be data usage apps in the iPhone App Store that can help you see how much data you are actually using while in 3G vs Wifi. Something everyone that does not have an unlimited data plan should have installed in their smart phone no matter which one that have.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply