This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
issue with getting friended on facebook by people who did not friend me?
02-19-2014, 12:44 PM
issue with getting friended on facebook by people who did not friend me?
so, in the last month on my facebook profile, i have had 2 friend requests sent to me from two individuals who separately once were my facebook friends, but since having a falling out with each of them awhile back, had defriended me.

so, the first time this happened, i just thought it was the individual extending an olive branch to patch things up, so I accepted the friendship invite. turns out she never friended me, and she was pissed that I had made her my friend again.

okay, its a fluke, right? NOW I just got friended by my ex-girlfriend from 3yrs back who literally hates my guts and would throw me into traffic had she the chance. needless to say, I'm skeptical of her invite.

ANYWAY, can someone tell me what's going on? Why am I getting friend requests from folks who would not friend me if their lives depended on it? Is this a common thing? And is there anyway I can get it to stop (not that I care just ignoring them, but it is a little awkward seeing those names from the past pop up)?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:48 PM

Are they actual friend *requests* or friend *suggestions*? There's really no way for an actual friend *request* to be sent by someone other than that person. However, friend suggestions come up based on your friend connections and sometimes mutual friends can actually suggest that person be your friend too.

However, if you really are getting friend requests where all you have to do is hit the "confirm" button and you are Facebook friends again, then my only guess is either the other person is lying to you that they didn't request you or that someone is hacking their account? That is truly weird... uh, good luck!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply