This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think about Companies & Goverment's interference in Social Networking?
10-14-2012, 04:03 PM
What do you think about Companies & Goverment's interference in Social Networking?
I read an article in the paper that said certain companies like Sears are now requiring to be friend-ed on Facebook as part of the job application process. Law Enforcement also requires this and they claim it's due to past job history. This could be a trend in the making, maybe a lot of companies will start following suit. I think it's more about trying to find out about what kind of person you are, and has nothing to do with job history. People are worried about the Government listening in on cell phone calls and spying, yet we are airing all of our dirty laundry right on the internet with FB. Twitter, MySpace, etc.. Facebook is like handing a pair of binoculars to our neighbors. What are your thoughts on this?
@Brendan - Well that's just plain BS, but what do you think about it???
I say we all delete our accounts. FB is lame anyway

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 04:11 PM

They want to know what we like we our families. This is all part Of their plan for a "new world order". Where there is one currency, one government, we are monitred and microchipped. They want to scare us to form "Marshall law". Fight the NWO and the illuminati, stop listening to justin Bieber lil Wayne and other mainstream people!!

Ads

That's nothing. Some universities and companies are requiring you to give them your FACEBOOK PASSWORD.

Well, they would fail when they got to me; I do not partake in any social networking.

it always saddens me to agree with KIA.

i am against any restrictions of free speech OR privacy.

I don't think companies will be able to do this for long, it is a violation of privacy...next they need to set up a company store and build little houses all in a row for the employees.

I don't have a Facebook page because of my fellow workers (former fellow workers now)...they probe and prod and look for ways to assassinate one another..a very sick environment.

F*ck that! I don't want a NANNY gov. No f'n Wall Street business that is supporting all the damn*ed lobbyists, that is paying off all the poilticians based on who ever is the best puppet needs to tell me what the heck I can do on social network sites or gather their professional opinion of me based on my FB. God why don't they just put a tracking device on us all. Oh wait they have in our cells.

I am professional when I go to work.

I am not on my FB-professional that is! I also do not list the company I work for because I realize then I would be in representation of them (then they have reason to care what is being represented). But as long as I go to work do my job & act professional they should have no darn say as to my personal seperate life!

You're in the wrong category.

However, I think that this practice was thought up by someone who doesn't know how social network sites work, and also feels threatened by the sites. In fact, most sites will have, as a condition of use, that the the user keep control of his/her password. And if someone simply friends a company...then that someone should just move that "friend" onto the "special" list, the list that doesn't get to see anything else.

I have a FB account, but only to squat on my real life name (which isn't this one). If a prospective employer wanted my password, I'd let Facebook know about it, because this company is probably wanting to use its employees' (and prospective employees') accounts in order to spam their friends.

I'd view a company that wanted my password as a company that I didn't want to work for. I mean, if a company engages in certain unscrupulous behaviors, I view it as a red flag.

I think it sucks, and violates so many human rights. What happened to my basic rights?

I certainly think one should not be required to friend anyone.

Even without that, potential employers and colleges often check out an applicants social networking site. Beware what you say in public.

My solution is not use such sites at all. I don't need a site owned by a third party to stay in touch with friends.

~