This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
need help with college paper?
02-19-2014, 12:45 PM
need help with college paper?
the basic theme is "Should people be more prvate (with their personal life, Ideals, and political ideas)
i have been working on it for a week and i am completely stumped this is what i have so far (just a basic outline)

I have kind of taken it in a social networking direction, like facebook and twitter (i have chosen to say why people should be more private)

(no opening statement but i am not worried about that)

1. Value of privacy
-giving away basic right
-
-

2.Personal opinions (why you should keep some to yourself)
-prevents goal (jobs ect)
-hinder relationship (you are pro choice and a co-worker is pro-life )
-oppinions loose value (when constantly ranted about, like potheads and marijuana legalization)

3.Developes false sense of self importantace
-Forget to listen to other people(think that what you have to say is more important than anyone else)
-strain relationship (behave in relationships in unhealthly ways)
-

i need some ideas to help fill it out if you think one of those body paragraphs should be changed thats fine but i am looking for ideas not critque-ing, its a rough rough rough outline right now i know it needs work.

thanks a ton
I am not looking for opposing arguements just more topics/points to argue this further

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:50 PM

For value of privacy, you could add in "could cause personal and professional trouble(i.e. losing friends, losing a job). You could also add in could cause legal trouble(i.e. identity theft). For the false sense of self importance you could add in decreased sense of empathy or sympathy for others or desensitization to the trouble of others. Just some ideas. It looks like you will have a well rounded paper though. I think you have chosen a very specific piece of the broader topic which will make the essay easier to write.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply