This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
the Best advertising?
10-14-2012, 04:29 PM
the Best advertising?
Hey guys, well i'm an artist (rapper) & my preferred social network other than youtube is twitter. I really want to make a citywide trend with my name for the exposure, but i need to know what the best way to market myself to get that to happen is. I was thinking handing out a large number of "cards" with the instructions on it (Tweet #kidberg on twitter) and hopefully to start it.. any tips/advice?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 04:37 PM

Paid internet advertising allows you to geographical target the ad audience, so you can only pay for ads near your target city. Google Adsense allows a radius around a coordinate, while Facebook is based on the City a member enters in their profile, you can only target those claiming to live in your city or with in cities a certain number of mile away.

I hear it's common practice for rappers to pay event promoters to be allowed to perform at an event to get exposure. If you could somehow promote an underground flash mob kinda event with you headlining.

Ads

Give them a reason to check you out.

1. Team up with another small business person and create a team product. Let's say you are working with an artist who does paintings. Figure out how the two (or three) of you pool your resources to get a bigger audience for your products than you could by yourself.

Hook up with a chiropractor, and pizza place and do a playday with inflatable bounce things for the kids, free spinal exams, free pizza (hotdogs, chicken, ???), and your music. Everybody jpromotes it on their website/blog/twitter, and you all win.

2. Do an event for a local charity; children's hospital, blood mobile/Red Cross, American Heart Assoc, food bank, etc. Invite a local radio station to do a live show from the event. People can drop off canned food for the local food bank, school supplies, donate blood, give $$$, etc. Of course you are the entertainment.

3. Do a rap-a-thon to support some great cause like "Free the Frozen Frogs of Philly". Ask the local paper to give you a free ad, ask for the local radio station to drop by, get a donut shop to give away free donut holes. etc, etc.

4. Get a local college with a film school to shoot you a class video that you can post on youtoooob, vimeo, etc. They get credit, and you get the exposure.

submit your link to directories like http://www.li-nks.com .

there are also many free directories, but they tend to either not accept your link or request a link back to their site

Mostly two big way people chose for promote there site with SEO or SMO and one more advertising way is PR.