This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
facebook sacking any advice would help?
02-19-2014, 12:45 PM
facebook sacking any advice would help?
hello i need some advice hope i can get some. basically I was sacked from a supermarket for misconduct regarding me doing 2 things one was just repeating general gossip. and sending a facebook message late at night saying i found a mistake on the till. The colleague who reported me apparently was so worried she complained to the managers. long story short. It was made such a big issue I ended up getting sacked. Even though She said she would keep the gossip stuff to her self and not repeat it.

Since leaving I had talked to a few colleagues on facebook including sending a message to the person who got me sacked said hope your proud of yourself and basically said what you did was nasty and vindictive. I just wanted to tell this women how I felt about what she did. I was not abusive or using bad language even though I really wanted too.

Since then been told by the union rep lady that some people have been complaining to the people manager.I had been having conversations with people regarding why I left, the union Rep lady left me a voice mail saying be careful because they could go to the police.

Do you think it is likely they would do that?

All I really talked about was the fact my job was advertised before I had my displineary which is braking the company rules regarding prejudging some one. But seems strange for people to complain about you when you have been sacked or is that just sticking the knife in.

By the way I knew the managers wanted me out but can not prove it but I was sure they planned it to look like they followed procedure but through other sources found out they lied.

I am a bit worried these people I chatted too might go to the police calling it harassment. The women who reported me I sent her that message after 6 months of not sending any message while my appeal was happening so the police could say but he not send you any thing for 6 months is it harassment then? I am a bit worried the last thing I need is some legal trouble its hard enough to get a job as it is.

Just to give you some background me and her talked about how bad the managers treated us and we always seemed to be on friendly terms but then she showed her true colors when she said don't worry I wont repeat what you say and she went on to say I'm not like that but I found out to my cost what she was really like two faced.

any advice please????
just wanted to add my messages were private messages not public ones

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:49 PM

You need to grow up and realise the facebook is not the place to discuss anything that is work related
Even messages can get you into trouble as they are permanent and can be copied and circulated
Learn from your mistakes, and never use FB again to discuss anything work related
Yes, if you are harrassing someone you'll get into bigger trouble
The person who reported you, should never be contacted,
You do realise you'll never get a reference now

uk

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply