This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need some real advice...?
02-19-2014, 12:45 PM
Need some real advice...?
So I lost my job 2 months ago for something I didn't do but got blamed for I can't find a job I'm broke I'm backed up 3 months on child support I feel like a complete low life I've never felt this low In my life everything in my life is going to shit.. I'm just so depressed it's scaring me.. I'm applying for jobs every other day it's really starting to get to me I'm becoming an alcoholic please give me some guidance

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:47 PM

420 blaze it

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:51 PM

What are your skills? What do you really enjoy doing? Self-employment, my friend, self-employment.

My brother is a *multiple* times arrested felon who, in the past decade, has turned his life around and has established his own business as a commercial painter. To make extra money, he has a side business picking up things like broken washers and stoves that people don't want to haul to the dump. He picks them up and hauls them for them, and then gets money from the metal recycling place for the items.

Think outside the box, hon, everyone has skills. Put yours to work for you.
02-19-2014, 12:55 PM

Hi Martin,

Please remember, your situation is only temporary and it will change, guaranteed! Next, what type of work are you involved in? Are your skills current for that profession/trade, if no get signed up for some classes. If trade-based, make a point of every night looking for open positions and the next day get out there and follow up; if profession, get signed up w/ linkedin and get a profile built and start making connections to people you know. If you have a facebook page, delete it if any of your posts are questionable.

Additional Suggestions:
1) Job Search Engineer: http://www.indeed.com
2) Write/Revise each resume and tailor it to position you wish to apply, look for words that are important to the perspective employer like job responsibilities and then incorporate those words into your resume. Create a standard resume and use that as your foundation to build a custom resume for each position you apply for.
3) Stay positive, life's tough but you will survive.
4) Look for workshop on job interviewing skills and take it, getting solid input from others will help you to interview better.
5) stop drinking, honestly how is that going to help! Alcohol is a depressant and while it will help you to numb your emotions, it will make your potential depression even worse.

I'd gladly help you with your resume but I'm not certain how I/we could safely make that happen as you don't know me and I don't know you. Remember to network with others, ask friends and family if they know of any positions available in your line of work. Finding a job is like dating, it's statistics, the more you put yourself out there the better your odds are of finding the right job.

Lastly, pray and ask God to guide you to the right company.

God Bless,

Superbook CBN: http://us-en.superbook.cbn.com/gospel_presentation