This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think people have distorted views over bullying and harassment?
02-19-2014, 12:45 PM
Do you think people have distorted views over bullying and harassment?
I think they do, I am bisexual so I know what it's like to not be accepted by others. I also know the difference between someone not liking me and flat out harassment. I think a lot of new bullying laws could help kids on one hand, it would make it illegal to slander and viciously harass others online. On the other hand I also think some of these laws may open the door for frivolous lawsuits like "she said my dress wasn't nice on twitter, I want to sue!" or "he doesn't want to date me, he said so on facebook, I want to sue!" I know bullying is a major problem, but do you think parents also have the responsibility of teaching kids that not everyone will love them as well? Or teaching them to stand strong because the world can be ugly at times? What about teaching them the difference between true harassment and frivolous petty arguments? I think a lot of people could interpret petty childish behavior as bullies, I agree that schools should make it a point to prevent harassment, bit I also know that some people's interpretation of harassment is completely warped.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:52 PM

The modern definition of bullying is blurred, bullying is meant to be "a repeat incident designed to physically or psychologically injure a person" but these days bullying is basically saying something mean. I agree, the issue of bullying/harassment vs dislike is misunderstood, we should have the right to dislike someone based on personal preference, and to tell them that as long as we don't do it constantly in a way that hurts them. We are all allowed to have an opinion right?

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:54 PM

Any law has it's drawbacks like not being able to own a switchblade is actualy a violation of the second amendment
02-19-2014, 12:56 PM

Actually yes I do. I totally agree with you. As a kid myself, I see alot of bullying and harassment going on at my school. There was this on girl names Julia and she is really popular. She asked out this guy named Kyle and he said yes. They went out for about a day. At the end of the school day, I overheard Kyle saying "Your not my type." and it was over. Later I saw her post on Twitter that said "Kyle broke up with me for no reason! What a douche bag! Hes so mean Im going to tell his parents!" And she did so. (Sorry if you don't like the douche bag word butthat'ss what she said) The parents gotinvolvedd in it now. They were fighting with the principal. Then, they went on a BIG protestagainstt school bullying saying he was a bully. Julia told everyone he was bullying her and she said it was over. Kyle got suspended for 1 week and Julia went along like nothing happened. See how one thing can make a big problem? People just want to createunneededd drama. They also want people to feel bad for them. It is so immature. Parents need to sit down and talk to their kids about this issue. Obviously, I thought people my age would be able to tell bullying/harassment from little things that happen everyday andaren'tt a big deal. (Im in Middle School. Age 12 Female) Just because Im a kiddoesn'tt mean Idon'tt understand things. Kids and parents need to get there facts straight before its to late. Bullying/Harassment is a big issue that NEEDS to be taken seriously. People are taking advantage of the word just to get there point across. Sorry if this is to long but its the first time someone will listen to me and take me seriously.......