This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I wasn't invited to my Best Friend party. What do I do?
02-19-2014, 12:45 PM
I wasn't invited to my Best Friend party. What do I do?
I'm really pissed off right now, so I can't be bothered typing up a long story.
Basically, we're both 17, we've been best friends for 4 years...and in the past few months, she's began to change a lot. She kinda puts me down a bit, and acts like she so much better than me because she has a part-time job and because she has 'more friends' and is more 'popular'.
I got sort of angry at her, and tried telling her how I felt, but she acted all innocent, like she had no idea of what I was talking about. Still, I invited her to my Birthday Party, and we made up.
Our friendship was still kinda rocky after that, and I've been on holiday recently, so we didn't talk much...and when I got back, on Facebook she had posted tons of photos with captions like "BEST FRIENDS!" ...It made me feel like ****.
I still haven't talked to her, but I though we were on the same page still, and that we weren't fighting...but in the newsfeed it showed that she made an event for her party. She invited 30 people (compared to last year when she only invited 7, and it was close friends...including me). She made no mention about me, hasn't invited me...it's like I don't exist.
What do I do?
One part of me doesn't want to give her the satisfaction of knowing she hurt me...It was definitely intentional. But the other part of me still wants to make it up, because she was my very best friend for so long. I feel like messaging her something...I don't know what to say though. Any ideas?

What would you do?

Thanks...and yeah, it didn't kinda turn into a long story.

- T

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:54 PM

Girl, you deserve better! Of course, from that paragraph, i can already tell that she's becoming a stuck up btch. This has happened to me and my friend before and this is what happened: The more 'popular' my friend thought she was getting, the more she was caring less for me and hanging out with the 'popular' kids. I did the exact same thing as you and tried telling her how i felt and she didn't listen whole heartedly.

reading this, I'm pretty annoyed with your friend too.
First of all you should talk to her face to face and tell her exactly how you've been feeling, all of it. Tell her why you don't understand why she didn't invite you. Tell her you think she is changing so much and she's treating you way differently and you feel hurt. etc. Tell her ALL your feelings and if she doesn't take it well, throw her out of your life, she doesn't deserve someone like you who has been there for her and actually cares about the friendship. If she takes it well, and apologises, tell her its her last chance and if she keeps pushing you away, its done.

Hope i helped and everything turns out alright Smile

Ads

02-19-2014, 01:00 PM

Listen best friends aren&#x27;t build up by years and how much time u spend together..I know that because I lost my best friend, well I thought we were, we&#x27;ve been together for more than 7 years and she through it all away because of some girl she met and became best friends with her.. god only knows how mad I was, I almost broke a door once. The thing is it&#x27;s been a couple of years since we last spoke and now I&#x27;m with these 2 wonderful girl who are now my best friends and with them I knew the difference, that friendship isn&#x27;t for how much time u see each other or talk it&#x27;s how u always stand up next to each other no matter how many miles away u are..me and my bfs live far from each other but still talk every day about every thing, stand up to each other through good or bad and kill just so we can meet..we aren&#x27;t afraid of telling each other our mistakes and we apologize if we were wrong..I&#x27;m not saying hey look how perfect we are I&#x27;m just saying that if u weren&#x27;t like that then that&#x27;s..