This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Invasion of privacy or what?
02-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Invasion of privacy or what?
My mom has added me on facebook under my stepfathers profile to basically spy on me and here recently she has started looking at my twitter because she asked why I blocked it this morning.Then she commented on the amount of texts I had because a freind of mine and I talked by email while I wasnt going to school because it was easier for us and then when I went back to class we started texting again so my texts went from maybe 30 for a payment to about 5000 since her and I talk alot because we live in different towns and are close and she said she was going to check the bill and see if that was true or not.I feel like I am being treated like a child because I messed up a year and a half ago and lied and now whenever a change happens in my life like the texting thing something is automatically up!Im 19 now about to turn 20 and I just want to be treated like an adult with trust!I go to college and am working my butt off like they asked its just annoying!Im afraid she will start hacking into my email and crap like that!I feel like my privacy is zero to none if any!If she is stalking me online what is she doing when I am not home?
Thanks I am trying to work on getting a job so I can move out or move in with my grandma.I am very responsible I am getting all A's and B's in my classes its just really stressing me out that she is not trusting me when so far I have done nothing wrong to show her otherwise.We cant even have a i conversation without her right now saying something along the lines of "Im going to check and see who youve sent texts to since you suddenly texted twice as much as normal" or "What is this on your facebook/twtter?"

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:56 PM

Go to facebook/twitter and remove them as a friend. Problem Solved.

Ads

02-19-2014, 01:04 PM

Wow your Mom is not letting you be a teenager

Very much an invasion of your privacy
What's next....siting behind you and your friends when you are at the Movies?

Perhaps make a NEW facebook name......and only let those you want see it etc

Also speak to her. Tell her this is NOT a healthy thing to do and yes it IS stalking

Normally I would say, your mom cares etc....but this is PSYCHO

PS.......You state you are 19 years of age?
Tell your mom you are an adult and that you can do as you choose, mind you if you are living under the same roof, she will always be in your business

Time to move out and BE and ADULT
02-19-2014, 01:09 PM

As long as she is paying the way there is little you can do about it.
02-19-2014, 01:12 PM

An invasion of privacy would require her to look at something you intend to keep private. You added her on facebook and made your twitter account public and apparently use a cell phone on a plan she pays for. Nothing she did was an invasion of privacy.
02-19-2014, 01:21 PM

You earn trust and apparently you have not earned your mothers trust back yet. Live with it or move out.