This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which Associate Degree is better to get: Business Admin w/Marketing or Accounting?
10-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Which Associate Degree is better to get: Business Admin w/Marketing or Accounting?
So I'm getting two Associate Degrees in the next 2 years. One is Computer Science: Cyber Security and the next one will either be:

1) Business Administration with Marketing/Social Media Specialization
or
2) Accounting with Information Software Specialization

Then once I have finished those, I am going to Wharton for my Bachelor's in International Business.

My question is: Should I choose the BA degree or Accounting degree? I enjoy both, but which is going to be better in the job field? Which will tie in more with my two other degrees I'm getting? Which one is has more success in general?
You know what PE2008, fuck you.

I didn't ask your opinion on anything else except my original question.

First off, I'm not looking to get admitted to Wharton just off my Associate's Degree. I'm just getting those degrees to be better off in the job market and have more experience doing the things I enjoy. Don't you dare assume that I am not worthy enough just because I am choosing to get my Associates first.

Second, I already have guaranteed admission for Wharton for the year 2014-15, due to me working my ass off in high school and other courses as well as in my community. I'm just not attending immediately because I got a full ride scholarship for my Computer Science program, which I am very passionate about. So maybe you shouldn't assume that I am too dumb just because I chose to get a few Associate Degrees before I went full force into Wharton.

And third, where do you get off discouraging people like that? I don't know what your issue is, but
whatever it is, you need to maybe re-evaluate yourself. Get off your high horse. I asked a simple question, and if you see something wrong with it, just click the good ole back button and be done with it. Don't be a dick to someone you know nothing about.
PE2008 -- Seriously? Are you just grabbing at things now? Dude, I've had this account since the 10th grade and was heavily involved in community theatre, so that's what I wrote. 5 years ago. I don't have time for your immature insults.

And for the record, I wasn't trying to start anything. Your response was just really rude and you shouldn't be like that to people. You wouldn't want someone discouraging you like that.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 05:06 PM

"Then once I have finished those, I am going to Wharton for my Bachelor's in International Business."

ROFL! Are you not aware Wharton is one of the best, most exclusive Business Schools in the world?
What makes you think your trailer park Associates in Secretary will get you admitted to Wharton?

ADDED
"**** you" "I already have guaranteed admission for Wharton for the year "
Just yesterday you were a "music theater major".
Sound like your IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) has returned.

Ads

If you take the business administration course, then you can use that with a lot of different careers. If you choose the accounting course, then you can only use that for careers/jobs that involve accounting and/or finances. It is up to you, but I would personally choose the business administration course because you can find a lot more jobs in the future.

neither - you don't get an actual associates degree in anything specific

None. The bachelors degree you will be getting will wipe any value away from that associates degree. Why should a company offer you a full business related job when your associates in BA only cover the basics (and you will learn a lot more at Wharton)? Besides, the job field wants bachelors, not associates. Bachelors have additional education in more in-depth business areas that associates might not even cover.

Just do your CS and go to Wharton. Don't waste your time with an AA in BA, when your bachelors will completely cover it and then some. In general, 1 AA does take about 2 years to complete. You better be careful with your actions too, as something things may end up being far from what you think.

With acceptance to Wharton assured, you don't need the AA degree which is inconsequential once you earn the BA or BS. That doe snot mean you should not choose your courses carefully. Normally, I would recommend accounting because it is the foundation of any business discipline in addition to its usefulness in your life regardless of what else you study. But if your Wharton program will require the introductory financial and managerial accounting courses that all business students must take, then you are better off geting as much breadth as possible before attending Wharton.

Even the marketing field may involve too much duplication with your Wharton courses. Examine the program carefully, because you may gain more by going further afield: Physical science, humanities, or social science might broaden you better than concentrating in the narrow area of business during the first two years of study.