This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I locate a long lost friend? (NOT THROUGH FACEBOOK)?
02-19-2014, 12:47 PM
How can I locate a long lost friend? (NOT THROUGH FACEBOOK)?
I have been searching for the past several years with little to no success in finding a childhood friend. Let me stop everyone right here in suggesting facebook because I have spent DAYS on there over the years and searched every single profile and none of them are her.

You would think with all the social media and availability that I would have no problem in finding her. I lost touch with her when I was 13 and she was 11. I am now 39 and she is 37. I'd really like to find her and reconnect, we were so close and bad timing and a death moved me out of the state, etc. I have her dob, full name and state where she resided and not much else. I know her parents names and her brothers. After going through endless searches on her mother, father and brother I did learn that her father passed away in 2005 she is still living in the same state/area. I paid one site that gave me around 3 addresses, but even after scouring the yearbooks on classmates.com that she OR her brother SHOULD have been in for that time frame-nothing. Through the obit on her dad I also learned she has children and their names-no searches come up with them so they must be minors. Their last name was different from her, which was still under her maiden name but I took it a step further and searched her under that name-nothing. I searched myself on a few of the sites with my maiden name and found myself along with my married name, hers is just her maiden name so I'm assuming she never married so her name is the same. My question is, some sites offer you FULL information-addresses, phone numbers, etc for a fee of anywhere from 29-100+ dollars. Has anyone done this? Has it ever worked? How updated are these sites and would you recommend one over the other? I almost feel sleazy going about it that way but I CANNOT find this girl OR her brother, its like they vanished....I must have gone through thousands of facebook accounts, messaging lots of people that I 'guess' might be her and am wrong every time. Suggestions???

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:48 PM

http://www.spokeo.com/
http://publicrecords.searchsystems.net/
http://www.peekyou.com/

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:57 PM

Well this seems almost stalker ish but whatever, if you know where she lived, search phone books, medical records, google her, you've probably already tried this but still. Call around and ask around her old neighbor hood. Maybe they know where she went.
02-19-2014, 12:59 PM

GPS