This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are phone calls and texts considered part of social media?
02-19-2014, 12:47 PM
Are phone calls and texts considered part of social media?
I want educated answers.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:53 PM

Yes. It's addictingSmile)))

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:58 PM

I would say no. For me, social media is a website in which one has an account and socializes with people in their life. That means lots of people. My interpretation would be Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, etc. Phone calls and texts are a media, but they generally go to one person. Or a select group of people. When you post something on Facebook, it can go out to anybody you know. Like for example, if you wrote a letter to somebody, that wouldn't be qualified as socializing, right? It would be corresponding. But if you wrote an ad or something in the newspaper, that would be for anybody to see and that would be more for social or worldly reasons.

Hope I helped!
02-19-2014, 01:04 PM

Social media refers to the means of interactions among people in which they create, share, and exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks.[1] Andreas Kaplan and Michael Haenlein define social media as "a group of Internet-based applications that build on the ideological and technological foundations of Web 2.0, and that allow the creation and exchange of user-generated content.[2] Furthermore, social media depend on mobile and web-based technologies to create highly interactive platforms via which individuals and communities share, cocreate, discuss, and modify user-generated content. It introduces substantial and pervasive changes to communication between organizations, communities and individuals. so yes texting is part of social media.
02-19-2014, 01:13 PM

I guess so.