This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Moving from new Zealand to Australia with 5 children 1 child is autistic. which benefits do i apply for?
02-19-2014, 12:48 PM
Moving from new Zealand to Australia with 5 children 1 child is autistic. which benefits do i apply for?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:54 PM

New Zealander's are restricted to some if not all Centrelink (social security) payments for up to two years, so please look into what you can claim BEFORE you come over, other wise you may find yourself in a bit of a bind.

Do you have a Facebook account their is a Kiwi in Aussie page which is helpful and their is always someone willing to help a fellow kiwi in need, especially those newly immigrated and were spread across Aussie.

When my parents immigrated to Aussie in 1980 with my younger sister & I, dad had work teed up but when he went into sign up they decided they did not need him despite telling us few days prior to our flying out they were keen for him to start. So we went fruit picked for the first 6 months, then dad & I got a job as relief milkers, my parents then decided to move to Queensland with my younger sister. I stayed in Victoria and got a job at SPC as a factory hand, then as a fruit packer and youth & disability support worker for 20 years, and I currently work as a sessional teacher at a rural TAFE Victoria. I married an Australian and have been in Australia for 34 years.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply