This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does anyone else find it sad that about 2 decades ago Rodney King was beaten by the police and LA was...?
02-19-2014, 12:48 PM
Does anyone else find it sad that about 2 decades ago Rodney King was beaten by the police and LA was...?
burned to the ground in riots but just a couple years ago Trayvon Martin was killed and all anyone did was tweet RIP? It seems like maybe nobody cares any more. I'm not saying we should have killed people and burned buildings to the ground but I feel like we could have done something to show that that wasn't ok. If everything that happened in the LA riots didn't change anything, what makes people think social media can?
Euri: Nobody deserves police brutality to that extent. He was a drug dealer, not a murderer. But he was beaten half to death like his life had no worth. A judge can decide how to punish someone for their crimes. Not a couple asshole cops with anger issues.
Paula: Trayvon Martin was a teenage boy who was being followed home late at night by some creepy old man because that man was suspicious of his hoodie. I would be scared as hell in that situation. That type of thing triggers a fight or flight response, and Trayvon chose to fight.
Badge203: Thank you for your input. Like I said, I don't think we should have started riots or anything to that extreme. I just wish people would have done SOMETHING. It seems like people did nearly nothing to protest what happened to Trayvon. A few celebrities wore hoodies. Everyone tweeted about how sad it was and then that was it. That was all anyone did.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:57 PM

Martin was trying to beat a person to death at the time he was shot.

Racists in Florida had the victim (Zimmerman) tried, but a jury correctly found Zimmerman "Not Guilty."

Ads

02-19-2014, 01:07 PM

What I find sad is that blacks destroyed black owned businesses and they did it in the pretense of justice

What I find sad is that blacks raped, killed and vandalized their own race and did it in the prentense of justice

What I find sad is that blacks looted each other and did it in the prentense of justice

What I find sad is that NOTHING has changed

Blacks threatened to Riot again if OJ was found guilty and this scared the jury

Now what do you think is sad?
02-19-2014, 01:16 PM

Martin/Zimmerman went to trial and he was found not guilty.

End of story. Even one of the jurors said that it was a terrible thing but the evidence was not there.

Rod King's beating was on film and yet his attackers were let go - bad effort by the prosecution.
02-19-2014, 01:20 PM

The people did have their say. They were the jury, and they found Zimmerman not guilty.