This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are so many people on facebook?
02-19-2014, 12:48 PM
Why are so many people on facebook?
i mean i just don't get it, sure it all right to stay in touch with friends far away but so many people have a obsession with it.all my family and friends are on it but i still think its stupid, like when south park mocked it they were spot on. anyway just wondering why??!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:57 PM

Because parents and such find it easy to use.

Ads

02-19-2014, 01:07 PM

because it's fun and addictive.
02-19-2014, 01:08 PM

I don't get it either. Why would people want everyone to know their every move is beyond me, They call it Networking.
02-19-2014, 01:13 PM

Well, it is an easy way to contact friends near and far, and sometimes, you get to talk to family that lives far away or doesn't have a phone. Also, Facebook is a social network, so it is a way for you to interact with people, either your friends you talk to every day, or people at school you are too nervous to talk to in person right then. Hope this helps.
02-19-2014, 01:17 PM

Yeah, I thought the same before I used it. Just try it. If you do not like it then do not use it anymore.
02-19-2014, 01:25 PM

i understand you. The answer is social networking. that is it. people find it cool.
facebook used to be for college, now it is for everybody. yuck.
02-19-2014, 01:26 PM

A) I love South Park Big Grin
B) People obsess. I noticed this too, and it makes me mad. I ask people and they say it's because of the games and how simple and easy it is to use it. the reason MySpace never got this popular is because they basically targeted the young crowd (flashy layouts, advertisements, stuff like that) and some adults didn't like MySpace because of all of that flashy stuff. They also wouldn't let their children use it. It never caught on.
Now Facebook comes out with the same basic idea, but more boring and sophisticated so now all the adults are all over it and of course they let their kids use it cuz it's "safe".

I dont know, thats how I see it...
02-19-2014, 01:33 PM

sheep
02-19-2014, 01:37 PM

Well, apart from paying for broadband, it's free. It's easy and simple. Some people use facebook to play on games and I'm like, urgh ffs! go away with yourself. Why are they so many people on facebook? because there is. Smile