This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I the only one who can't stand One Direction?
02-19-2014, 12:49 PM
Am I the only one who can't stand One Direction?
There are just SO many things about them that irritate me.

They didn't work to get famous. They were manufactured on the X Factor (they each used to be solo) and didn't even WIN. They came THIRD. But they still got signed because of "cuteness".

Their talent is below average. The fact that none of them made it through X Factor as solo artists is proof enough. And they sound dreadful in their live performances (that is, when they're not lip syncing).

They don't write or even co write any of their own music.

They're overrated. I was watching the teen choice awards last night and they were being mentioned EVERY 5 SECONDS on the red carpet show. It's as if their management pay whoever they can to promote them on national TV.

They're unoriginal. Their 3D movie is a rip off of Justin Bieber and Katy Perry's ones. And all of their songs sound the same, just LISTEN to the instrumental version on youtube and you'll find out for yourself.

They ignore their fans. Other than at meet and greets, they avoid meeting "directioners" at all costs. I've seen various accounts of girls who were waiting outside their hotels for hours and got ignored. They also rub their relationships in their fans faces by tweeting unnecessary lovey dovey things to their girlfriends. And they never interact with their fans on twitter.

Their "good boy" images. Over the past few years, the guys have got involved in quite a bit of trouble, such as Harry peeing on the floor of a nightclub, one night stands, swearing at fans, getting drunk, smoking weed, and more. Yet it's rarely publicised, and they are made out to be these perfect church esque boys who can do no wrong....

And other than Zayn, I'm sorry but they're not attractive.

Yet it seems as if the entire world loves them.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:52 PM

no

Ads

02-19-2014, 01:00 PM

I agree they suck ..
02-19-2014, 01:08 PM

nobody's perfect
02-19-2014, 01:16 PM

No ,all people who like listening to quality music can't possibly like One Direction.
Maybe a lot of young kids have an ear for good music but they're at an age and time where the superficial idol crush/worship takes control.
02-19-2014, 01:21 PM

I completely agree with you. They are literally just cardboard copies of every other boy band.
Not to mention they can barely sing anyway. But i'm not bashing anyone who likes them..
02-19-2014, 01:29 PM

FINALLY I feel the same!!!
I feel ashamed to come from the same country as them every single time some one asks me where im from and i say the Uk they say omggggggg like one direction??
I hate them sooooooooooooooooooo much!
02-19-2014, 01:37 PM

I agree with you, there so annoying
02-19-2014, 01:46 PM

Join the rest of the straight males on the planet who are over the love-sick teens fan girling over them.

The only reason they're famous is because girls wet their panties over them. THAT'S ALL.
02-19-2014, 01:48 PM

No, you are definitely not alone. I know plenty of people who also can't stand them. I don't see what's so special about them. What's worse is that I have to put up with their music whenever I am around my cousin who is a HARDCORE Directioner. She has no idea how much I do for her.... on the other hand, I have nothing completely against them, I mean.. if they want to be another overrated boy band, then I guess they should go for it. I won't complain, unless someone gets mad at me for not wanting to listen to 1D. Everyone has their preferences.