This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Exactly how does fakebook decide an account is fake?
02-19-2014, 12:49 PM
Exactly how does fakebook decide an account is fake?
In our household, we have but one humble device, Kindle Fire 1st Generation. We have a large family & each of us uses the Kindle to log into facebook. When my brother visited, he didn't yet have an acct so he started his on our Kindle. The very next morning, he tried to log into facebook and they wanted to verify his identification.

I know it is their site & they can choose who stays or doesn't. Guess I'm just kinda whining because if facebook is simply going by the IP address when checking the validity of an account, that's bogus for those of us whose entire household and guests use the same device.

So, is there a way that we could contact facebook directly to talk to them about this?
Also, is there something in our actions that raises a red flag with facebook to make them suspect the acct is fake?
Trust me, I commend them for protecting the public. I'd just like to be able to figure out this issue to avoid getting us all deleted, having to start over again.

Thank you in advance for your help. Our family plays Bingo Blitz together through facebook. Its fun & brings us all into the same room. Much like a board game back in the day lol

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:52 PM

that's a lot of signing in on one location that alone can raise flags. fb knows locations. like someone sign in under my name it lets me know in a email. and ask if it was me. so I sure they want be sure it him. then did he save his name and password for automatic sign in? that make difference too. if he used a name they don't think is real like jelly bean222 or elephant foot they wont even let you sign up with that kind of name. they try to keep people as real as they can. this to help cut back things like harassment fraud etc. people less brave using real names. you can use a make up name but has sound real. contact fb? for a free service? I don't know you can write them.The easiest way to contact facebook for a user account question is by email to info@facebook.com. but don't exp3ect too much. 1 face book is a free service 2 they write their own contract rules regulations - guidelines etcc.. and over a login? think that a bit much.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply