This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will laptop work fine after replacement of motherboard?
02-19-2014, 12:50 PM
Will laptop work fine after replacement of motherboard?
Recently my HP laptop's motherboard damaged.service center telling that you should replace motherboard then it will work fine, and cost is 15000.warrenty is for 3 months.now my question is will it work fine after replacemet of motherboard..is it suitable to replace it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 01:00 PM

How old is it? Buying a new one might be a better idea if the laptop is 3 years or older. There was a theory when I was in electronics that putting a new part in could stress the older parts and they would start to fail. Replacing motherboard is not a simple task and prone to error also. I would buy a new one but I don't know your budget.

Ads

02-19-2014, 01:11 PM

If you're using a genuine HP repair facility, their quality assurance team should be able to confirm the laptop is indeed repaired and back running up to your standards. However, this decision also depends on the age of the laptop, your budget, and if you have any other concerns about the other parts failing or a need for upgrade. Typically, motherboards can be the more expensive portion to fix, which is why may people opt to upgrade/buy a new one for close to the same price (or less!).

Agent Lindsey S.
Badge 49398
Double Agent-HT
Geek Squad Social Media Team
01/03/2014
02-19-2014, 01:12 PM

If your lappy is older more than 2-3 years, then you should buy a new one rather than to spending Rs. 15000/- on repair.