This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Simple life, or Wealthy life?
02-19-2014, 12:50 PM
Simple life, or Wealthy life?
Hey guys, I was talking with a buddy last night about one of my former classmates. I went to school with a kid named Joey that was always a very happy dude. Kind of lived life by the seat of his pants and did what he enjoyed. After graduation we all went off to college/work/whatever and gained new friends etc.. Here we are, quite a few years later and Joey has moved to Hawaii. He is now a surf instructor with no car and no real responsibilites. Just a single dude, living in a paradise and teaching tourist to surf.

Now here I am, same amount of years later with a good job, own my home and many things I am proud of (cars/guitars/guns etc..). I am thrilled with the way things are going and am generally always a happy panda.

I see a post on facebook last night from joey that says. "taking a solo dirt bike ride through the island to get a pinneapple, life is easy". I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad jelly. I can't imagine living in a shack in paradise.

I do enjoy "nice" things and like living in a city but I seriously wonder how green the grass is on the otherside. Maybe if I am still single when I am 40 I will just take all my money and do something similar. Life is all about being happy, and it seems that a simple life would be a straight blast.

What do you think misc? Would you rather live in a shack on the beach with no real responsibilites or be a succesful businessman with a nice car/home/bank account etc...??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:56 PM

There is more to it than either of those options.

Ads

02-19-2014, 01:05 PM

I prefer to live a wealthy life.
02-19-2014, 01:15 PM

Right about now? I want to be Joey. Smile
02-19-2014, 01:25 PM

Wealthy life ! .......

The compelling reasons are simply realistic;
When you have money in hand, only you forget who are you.
When you have no money in your hand, the whole ' world ' forget who you are.

This is the truth of life !!!
02-19-2014, 01:33 PM

Be a businessman, of the two. The taxes in Hawaii are the highest in the country.
02-19-2014, 01:40 PM

As my dear Sainted Mother used to lament;

"" I wouldn't mind being so damned poor if I had lot's of money "".
02-19-2014, 01:42 PM

Simple life.
02-19-2014, 01:46 PM

is there a third choice because you would have to be wealthy to live in a shack on the beach oil, food , electric it adds up ,no interest in business ,and id rather be poor and be able to have some rights then be wealthy and under the same circumstances rather be very poor private few friends doing an honest days work ,quiet peaceful and know i can trust those around me junk car very basic simple things with human rights and friends that are like minded no drama excitement craziness but enjoyment with friends and a good husband that did not grow up with the values of most men