This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is anyone else sick of hearing about One Direction?!?
10-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Is anyone else sick of hearing about One Direction?!?
One Direction is the new little marketing object used by that twit Simon Cowell, from the cancer that is the X Factor, to suck the pennies dry off of upper class suburban teenage girls and their dumbass parents who never bothered to show them good music.

I'm so sick of hearing about them, my Facebook is filled with posts about 1D, the same goes for Twitter, every trending topic on Twitter seems to be about 1D.
They're on my TV, I turn it onto the news and I see 1D, I turn it onto ET or TMZ; One f**king Direction, there's even an ad on every 20 secs about their Logie performance.
Then I go onto Yahoo Answers, I see questions about them.
I am so sick of One Direction, I don't think any band, especially one this crappy, deserves that much exposure.
It'd be understandable if they were in any way original or brought something new to the industry.
But no, just another crap boy band singing about the same old things.
Not to mention, their voices are mediocre; nothing special.
@Riss: Short Stack and Reece Mastin are both terrible, Duran Duran was pretty much 'that band' that all the preteen girls of the 80's loved, except they were more talented than 1D, the rest are decent though, but even as a fan of 1D, don't you think they're recieving unecessary ammounts of attention and exposure? They're not exactly lighting themselves on fire whilst singing or playing guitar with ther teeth, yet all these girls are going psycho.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 05:46 PM

It used to be the same thing with Justin Bieber. But now everyone has moved onto 1D. So the same thing will happen with them in a few years.

Ads

Yes.

It amazes me how quick it spreads, first it's like 1 or 2 questions, then the next day it's a couple dozen, then it's totally viral, all day everyday questions about 1D.
I noticed the same thing with Bieber as well though.

It's pretty much exactly how the zombie apocalypse will spread.

they suck. thats why girls love em

You're not exactly helping your case by bringing them up. Honestly, I find them fairly easy to avoid; the only time I've seen them was on a couple of Youtube ads. Otherwise, it's people like you that's giving them the most attention and publicity.

But then again; I don't have Facebook or Twitter. I have no need for that stuff.

No.
I want moar!

No, because I don't watch T.V. or listen to the radio because I'm not retarded. I'll tell you one thing though,

They need to bring back BROKENCYDE!

Now THAT was a boy band that you could really HATE. Y'know?

I mean, they were a boy band who couldn't sing so they used autotune for every song. They couldn't dance and they had a guy doing his "screamo" routino over all of the hip hop, rapping vocals for no apparent reason. Their lyrics were terrible and many times the "growler" (who happens to share the same name with my toilet) couldn't even scream in tune with the "music". I believe that their 15 minutes of fame was "remixed" into about four minutes because the guys who worked at their mixing boards kept puking into them and clogging up the little knobbies.

After listening to them for only ONE "SONG", TKOTB, Backstreet boys -- hell, even Milli Vanilli started to sound less terrible than they used to. They kind of gave me a new lease on life when it comes to music.

I mean, when somebody can literally find a way to make themselves sound like they ate a bunch a broken lightbulbs and shat them into your ear drums... it makes you see that "It could always be worse" (unless you're listening to Brokencyde).

the legit questions are okay, i avoid them.
it's those fvcking comparisons people keep making about 1D being the next rolling stones, beatles, etc. that makes me wanna pray for the hulk to sodomize the person.

@Riss - i don't think you read the whole question. his point is that he CANNOT read/listen to something else, because it's all overflowing with 1D fandom-ness.

ok I am a 1D (going to their concerts in australia) fan and I do have good taste in music ( like guns and roses, short stack, Reece Mastin, McFly, billy idol, duran duran) and if you are that sick of hearing about them just do read/listen to it

so my answer is no Im not sick of hearing about them =)