This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my dog might have a problem with guys?
02-19-2014, 12:50 PM
my dog might have a problem with guys?
Long story short- a long time ago i found this dog in the front yard malnourished and you can tell she had a collar on previously and it rubbed her raw but someone had took it off. After a few months went by i finally took her in because no one had tried to get her when i posted on social media. Sweetest baby ever. You could tell something bad happened to her cause when you walked up to her she would coward down and roll on her back. She plays great with other dogs and doesn't bark. She was shy of everyone at first but after we started socializing her with people shes fine. I've had her since june 21 2013 and i've recently started noticing an odd behavior. My boyfriends uncle came over on christmas and brought his dog (male) and my dog got really defensive...so they were seperated. She did not like his uncle ( i was thinking the smell of the dog had something to do with it) but she would jump up at him really fast as if she was going to attack but she never bites. like i said i thought it was the smell of the dog...well, my friend brought her boyfriend over and she acted the same way....then my sisters fiances cousin was introduced to her and yet again, same thing.
What's going on and how do i stop it?
also, she is perfectly fine with my boyfriend who lives with me...so thats pretty obvious but shes fine with my stepdad and my boyfriends stepdad and shes not around them as much

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:51 PM

The dog was obviously abused by men, It has nothing to do with the smell of the dog on the uncle.
A very common problem. We had a male bather in the grooming salon and there were a couple dogs that would not let him near them. Found out from the owner that the dog was abused by a man.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:54 PM

If the dog is afraid of men chances are it was a man who may have abused it, and dumped it and has just bad memories of men and doesn't trust them
02-19-2014, 01:03 PM

I work in a dog grooming shop another woman and I. Some dogs just don&#x27;t like me buy love her and vice versa. The ones that like her are the ones that are closer to the women in the house and the ones that are close to me are the ones that are closer the men. It seems dogs will prefer the same sex as their pack leader. Socialize it with more men. it will always be more comfortable with women.