This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to edit my pictures like these account's pictures?
02-19-2014, 12:50 PM
How to edit my pictures like these account's pictures?
These are instagram accounts. What are the apps to use on Android?
@douglashale
@abcdebes
@qta3
@rezanfajar
And what is the name of this style?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:54 PM

I guess you are assuming that all of us with enough experience to even comment on your question has an account with Instagram.

In order to see your samples, a person has to 1) have an Instgram account and 2) follow those peoples accounts.

See if you can find some similar images and techniques on Photobucket, Flickr or use Tinypic to post such an image link.

Ads

02-19-2014, 01:01 PM

For fhotoace's benefit -- anyone can view another users' instagram photos -- you may simply construct the URL http://instagram.com/[username] and visit it in any web browser -- no app, account or follow is needed.

To the specific questions -- The majority of those images are most certainly *not* being edited on a smartphone/app. They are rendered on a computer and simply copied to smartphone (or emulator) and uploaded with the instagram app. Many photos on instagram are not taken by or edited on smartphones/apps -- users are simply using the instagram app to upload them, but all processing is being done on a "real" (non-phone) computer.

As to the name of the style, I'd generally call it digital art (or even animation in some cases). Someone more familiar with art history or formal artistic critique would likely have some better "official" terminology to use -- but most of those images are not what anyone would consider "photography" at all -- they are free-form digital art images (some of which happen to incorporate photographs or portions thereof).

[ Edited to add ] These kind of "what is this user using" questions seem to come up on yahoo answers often. On instagram, you have an easy and immediate way to contact the poster of an image through the commenting system. More than one of the users you list in your question even list direct email addresses in their profile data. It would be more productive (and accurate) to simply *ask* the poster how they generated the image vs. asking random strangers here to guess at how someone else's images are being processed or produced.

Just a thought.